Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Torrance Harris

Leaders VS Managers

6 posts in this topic

This section had some amazing points, but it also had a few catch 22 moments as well.  I strongly feel leaders lead from the front.  In my daily walk, I try to stay engaged with what is going on in the lobby of each branch as well as the branch managers. I use this information to analyze the process, people, and products.  The catch 22 of this is, I get trapped in the day to day operations and now I'm not able to step back and think.  Where is the happy medium to this? Does anyone else find themselves in this situation?  What have you found that works best for you?

1 person likes this

When you're out front, are you working from a plan with a Desired Outcome from the work OR just trying to be present in the front?  There's a difference. Think about it.  (and add a picture Torrance...pretty please)

I am working on the Picture.  Everyone I try to upload is to large.

When working out front is out of necessity more than anything.  I don't have the luxury of working just to show a presence, there is always an plan.

When I was Director of Business Development I was hands on and I felt that I had to live by example in order for me to lead the BD team.  Now as a VP of BD & Marketing I completely agree I have challenge myself to plan and strategies.  At first I felt that I was not busy since I was sitting in the office researching and trying to empower my team in developing thinking skills.  I started managing my time for efficient which allows me to still be visible in the community through the BD aspect but my number one priority is to think. 

1 person likes this

Torrance I struggle with the same thing.  I can easily get caught up in simply getting tasks completed and rationalizing not taking the time to "think" because I don't have the time.  I am starting to see that I can keep using this rational but I will simply be in the same place until I force myself to step back and think.  I also agree that you have to have a strong team, or maybe like-minded people.  A lot of times I feel where I work does a good job, but I wonder how much more we could accomplish if we worked smarter.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0