Jeremy Thornton

Chapter 3: Developing Plans is a Beast!

9 posts in this topic

This chapter was like watching Saving Private Ryan.  It was excellent but overwhelming and you don't know if you'd ever sit through it again.  Seriously a lot of great tools in this chapter that gives me actual tangible things to work with.  Loved the Cyclonic Strategic Thinking Model and Redefining process.  I did continuously fight the thought "who has the time to do all of this!", but quickly fought that back with "how's your current strategy working for you?" and then set back to reading again.  It's a bitter sweet chapter in that it feels so overwhelming where to begin in my circle of influence, but greatly appreciated the Positive Opposite Ultimate End approach, in that I can choose to look at the situation in a negative light and be overwhelmed, or can see it as a positive challenge.

Jeremy, don't loose site of your thoughts. Bring challenges and what ifs to class. David does a great job of both challenging you and helping you apply concepts from Paid to Think to your day job!

Jeremy, I totally agree with you. Total system overload on this chapter.  I love the great tools. I have started downloading some of the models to help keeping straight. I will probably also reread this chapter a few times as well.  I also like how David simplifies charts and states don't add to this chart.  So challenging in volume but simple in approach. 

1 person likes this

OK....everyone...I'm starting to get a complex. I've overloaded you and yet you love the tools.  You're rethinking all sorts of behaviors and yet there is simplicity. All fabulous.  Mind you I'll sleep well tonight.  Tomorrow I worry about living up to your expectations. :blink:

This was by far the best chapter to me.  For me it is hard to the forest for the trees, because everyday you are pulled in so many directions and everyone needs one for something.  this chapter provided some tools to help guide you to see the 50,000 feet prospective and to think things through.  The CST model is my new approach to not get through my day, but to maximize and make sure things are efficient, prosperous, and effective.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, Guest Diandra Murga said:

An excellent chapter indeed. I found myself researching and learning more about the book so I found the tools and graphics can be downloaded from the links below.

http://paidtothink.com/download-graphic/

http://paidtothink.com/myettoolkit/

I have also been downloading some of these graphics and thank you for the additional link.

At first I felt a little intimidated by this chapter, but as I pushed through and really took hold of what David is saying I can definitely take the tools he is giving us and work toward being a better supervisor/management which in turn will help me to reach my Desired Outcome.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor