Angie Powers

Big Picture, Small Picture

3 posts in this topic

I would like to say that I category myself as a "Big Picture" thinker. Always considering what affect one action would have on others lives, jobs, future, etc., as opposed to the "small picture" of worrying only about how decisions would make my area run more smoothly. After listening to this first chapter I'm questioning my own thinking process, did I really have a process? I would say that my process lines up with a lot of what's here; Strategizing, Learning, Performing, and Forecasting but I always questioned whether I had missed anything.  Enterprise thinking gives new meaning and direction to my thinking process.  I'm looking forward to digging into the tools to make the process of decision making more comfortable knowing that I have taken the steps to insure that I have made the best decision possible.

On July 2, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Angie Powers said:

I would like to say that I category myself as a "Big Picture" thinker. Always considering what affect one action would have on others lives, jobs, future, etc., as opposed to the "small picture" of worrying only about how decisions would make my area run more smoothly. After listening to this first chapter I'm questioning my own thinking process, did I really have a process? I would say that my process lines up with a lot of what's here; Strategizing, Learning, Performing, and Forecasting but I always questioned whether I had missed anything.  Enterprise thinking gives new meaning and direction to my thinking process.  I'm looking forward to digging into the tools to make the process of decision making more comfortable knowing that I have taken the steps to insure that I have made the best decision possible.

I have to admit that I struggle with this concept on a regular basis. It's easy for me to get caught up in the small day-to-day decisions and putting out "fires" as opposed to focusing on the big picture. I look forward to growing in this area and counting on the support and collaboration from my classmates. It helps to know that I am not alone!

Dave, you are not alone.  I too get caught up in the day-to-day struggles, and often enough make quick fix decisions locally that could potentially affect other offices.  Looking forward at these next two weeks!

4 hours ago, Dave Van Buskirk said:

I have to admit that I struggle with this concept on a regular basis. It's easy for me to get caught up in the small day-to-day decisions and putting out "fires" as opposed to focusing on the big picture. I look forward to growing in this area and counting on the support and collaboration from my classmates. It helps to know that I am not alone!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor