Courtney Poole

A New Perspective

3 posts in this topic

The 50,000 Foot Perspective really made me think. This was my favorite part, so far. I imagined "looking down" on my credit union and watching how all the parts work together at all times, similar to watching cogs go around on a well-oiled machine, or so I hope.  If one cog stops, it all stops, or if one is slow, it affects them all. If one area of the organization doesn't work smoothly, it can take a toll on the entire organization. When thinking things through, it's important to make sure that no one area is impeded in any way. Sometimes my thinking starts with how it will help/affect my department, and then I consider how it will affect everyone else. Instead, I should start by looking at the big picture from above, and then work my way back. 

1 person likes this

Courtney, this section made me think as well. I too, tend to look at my own departments best interest, instead of the organization as a whole. It is so true how one kink can truly affect the organization as a whole.

Oftentimes as supervisors we are the bridge that connects upper management to the front line staff.  Its important to take employee feedback and share with senior management.  We are also trusted by staff to be an advocate for them as well.  Its very important to consider the big picture when aligning department goals and startegic planning, they should be intertwined. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor